1 reply to this topic

#1 Rusty Pancelode

Rusty Pancelode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Well, my John Deere riding mower (assembled in Greeneville, Tennessee) had a flat tire, so I went to get some of that green goo to stick in there to seal it up.
(No use repairing it properly just to flatten it again next time I encounter a prickly-pear) :11doh:
So I went and got the goo (actually it's called Slime), and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's Made In USA!
Not that I'm particularly proud that my country is capable of making green goo, but it was nice to see, nevertheless. :)

And so I go to squirt this Slime into my tire and my tires also say Made In USA!

I remembered that the boat trailer tires are Carlisle brand also and quickly went out to check them for the "Patriotic Symbol of Pride", but alas, the message was "Made in China". :bawling:
Now, the tractor tires are newer than the boat trailer tires, so all is not lost.
At least some of thier tires are still made here.

#2 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSouthern IL

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Good find Rusty, as always, be sure to check the label or location of manufacture. Now you have me wanting to go check my lawn mower and other things. I know the tires on my bobcat trailer are made in the USA, as well as the Dexter axles and Dexstar rims... Made in the USA.

Always a nice thing to see when you stumble upon it. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users