1 reply to this topic

#1 Rusty Pancelode

Rusty Pancelode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

This is not really about a customer service department, but it kinda' is.

I had the pleasure recently (that's sarcasm) to have a phone interview with an employee screener that was, of course, hired by a company that I had applied to.
The person that contacted me was no doubt from India, and while she spoke fairly good english, the communication between us was very strained throughout the entire interview.
I could barely understand what the lady was saying, and probably 75% of the time, had to ask her to repeat what she said.
What's worse is that she didn't understand me very well either, especially if I said something that wasn't a textbook answer to one of her questions.
(Afterall, I'm a human, not a robot. B) )

The job was in the biomedical field, and in short, I would have to become an expert on some lab test equipment that the company manufactured.
Mind you, this equipment is MUCH simpler than any electro-mechanical equipment I'd worked on previously.
(Full motion/visual flight simulators are literally 10 times as complex as these things)

So, I struggled through the interview attempting to explain to her how this job would probably be easier than my previous jobs, while she was hearing that I was underqualified and that the job was, and I quote, "very technical and would probably be too hard".
WHAT?!?
She actually put me in the "do not call" file.
I know this because the guy that would have been my boss had to contact them and "reclassify me", so that I could get a real interview with him.
He only did that because I was recommended by a friend.

Wow, what a great help to the company that service turned out to be.

Well, as it turned out, the job required too much foreign travel for my comfort, so we determined that I didn't really fit there.
I did want to share my agony with you guys though.

Communication is the only point of these interviews, so it stands to reason that communication would be a high priority.
Why can't simple things be simple?

:Thanx: for listening.

Wow! This is fun! I think I'll do it some more! :Thanx: <-----That's me.

#2 Average Joe

Average Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe HEART land of America

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Sorry to hear bout your experience, but yes it seems that even the most simple of jobs is being outsourced... Sooooo dang frustrating.. :wallbash:

And yes, :Thanx: This is fun :al_coholic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users