No replies to this topic

#1 Rusty Pancelode

Rusty Pancelode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sorry, this is not about the spaghetti western like you may have thought.

I've been hearing lately that a certain company that has the word "Apple" in its name (lol) could make iPods, iPads, and iPhones in the US for just a few dollars more per unit.
Not a few dollars more to manufacture, a few dollars more for the end user/consumer.

I don't know if any of this is true, but I think it would be pretty awesome if the company that makes some of the coolest products actually made them here.
I would gladly pay a little more for an iPod if the shiny side said "Made in USA" on it.

I've heard about some of the problems that Foxconn (the company that makes those products) has had recently, and it sucks that american companies will "do whatever it takes" to fix (or hide) issues that arise from manufacturing overseas.
These things are mostly things that we in the US have spent years to get rid of in industry (like lead content, employee abuse, etc...).

So here we are...
All this infrastructure...
All these people out of work...
All this potential ability...

and we don't make diddly squat as far as electronics goes.

Besides that, do we really want China to have all of our intellectual property?
I mean duh... If Foxconn makes iPhones and XBOX 360s (products from two different companies), then they know how to make those products, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users