#1 Average Joe

Average Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe HEART land of America

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

I was in Wal-Mart, and found this....  It's the Step 2 Shoping cart, proudly stating Made with Love in the USA.   Whoohoo!!!  Thank you Step 2. 

Now all I need is a child to buy this for, haa haa   :roflmao:

Attached File  Step 2.jpg   104.37KB   2 downloads

#2 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSouthern IL

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

Good find....   I found this on their web site,which was very informative....   THANK YOU Step2!!!  :luxhello:

http://www.step2.com/made-in-usa/

Step2® 'Made in U.S.A.' Labeling

With concern about toy manufacturing at an unprecedented level, we at Step2 believe we have a responsibility to clearly communicate the country of origin of our products. We understand that our customers want to make informed purchasing decisions.

According to Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines, nearly all Step2 toys can be labeled "Made in U.S.A." Nevertheless, we set a higher standard, and it is our desire to clearly inform you about where our products are made. This includes noting when accessories or smaller toys are sourced from overseas manufacturing plants. We use a three-tiered labeling system on our retail packaging and on this web site:

• "Made in U.S.A." will appear on all toys that are made and assembled in the U.S. and meet regulations as outlined by the FTC that "virtually all" of the product and components are U.S. made. Additionally, for a Step2 product to be labeled as "Made in U.S.A.," any imported parts must not be integral to the play of the toy and should be attached to the product. For example, hubcaps, cap nuts and doorbells are parts of a product but not integral to the play of the toy.
  • "Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Parts" will appear on toys made and assembled in the U.S. with mostly domestic-made components and some foreign-sourced smaller accessory components (such as pretend kitchen cookware and accessories). Under FTC guidelines, Step2 technically would be allowed to label these toys as "Made in U.S.A.," but the distinguishing factor for Step2 is that these accessories are integral to the play of the toy and should therefore be called out for consumers.
  • "Made in 'Country-of-Origin'" will denote toys produced outside of the U.S., but which still undergo rigorous quality and safety testing by Step2.

We are proud of our U.S. manufacturing heritage and feel that as the largest U.S. toy manufacturer, it is our responsibility to eliminate confusion. We hope that other toy companies follow our lead in providing consumers with the information they need to make informed choices.

USAComplete.gif      Kids Toys New! Art Desks & Easels Climbers & Slides Coasters Play Kitchens Pretend Play Ride-Ons & Wagons Sand & Water Play Swing Sets Table & Chair Sets Toy Boxes Kids Furniture New! Kids Bedroom Combos Kids Beds Storage Table & Chair Sets Toy Boxes Home & Garden New! Furniture & Storage Gardening Products Mailboxes Pet Supplies Safety

#3 LawsonEquipment.com

LawsonEquipment.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPort St Lucie, Florida

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Being a new mom, I am constantly trying to find my baby (now 5.5 month old) toys that are made in the USA.  She is teething and most products are from China!  I want to make sure whatever I give her to play with a chew on isn't full of crap and chemicals.  

I am happy that Average Joe actually found something in Walmart that was Made in the USA. :luxhello:  Hopefully we will continue to see more children products made here.  

I would love to make some children's toys and start another business that they are strictly made in the USA.  It would be a huge market and it would definitely be worth it for our children!

#4 Average Joe

Average Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe HEART land of America

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

I just saw this in Sam's club...  another Step 2 product made in the USA...   :)   Keep in mind their 3 tier made in the USA theory.... 

Attached File  splash1.jpg   218.27KB   0 downloads  Attached File  splash2.jpg   137.83KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users