3 replies to this topic

#1 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSouthern IL

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

I am checking with Polaris and Arctic Cat about the percentage of their sleds that are indeed "Made in the USA". I'll let you know their reply as soon as I hear back from them. I'm nearly positive though that each company has manufacturing facilities in Minnesota.

#2 jonethelweisner

jonethelweisner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

I am checking with Polaris and Arctic Cat about the percentage of their sleds that are indeed "Made in the USA". I'll let you know their reply as soon as I hear back from them. I'm nearly positive though that each company has manufacturing facilities in Minnesota.

A/C yes, large percentage and hopefully getting larger by the months! Electricals and a very few other components are Japan based, only one that I know of being "third world" (China), that would be the swaybar connecting links from approx MY 2002 on up.

At this point in time, Polaris is teetering very questionable on just how much of their "made in USA" work will actually be coming from within the USA in near future.

Thanks for the invitation to join Joel :D

#3 Average Joe

Average Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe HEART land of America

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Arctic Cat is going to be replacing their suzuki engines in their snowmobiles with ones Made in the USA in 2014 I believe.. Whooo hooo Arctic Cat!!!! :luxhello: :appl:

#4 Joel

Joel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 280 posts
  • LocationSouthern IL

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Joe, you're right... I found this on the Arctic Cat website:

Bringing It Back To Minnesota

Arctic Cat Announces Plan to Begin Manufacturing Snowmobile Engines in Minnesota

Arctic Cat to begin manufacturing snowmobile engines in its St. Cloud facility after 2014 model year

MINNEAPOLIS, June 10, 2010 – Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) today announced that it has entered into an agreement to transition its snowmobile engine manufacturing from Suzuki Motor Corporation. Arctic Cat will begin manufacturing some of its own snowmobile engines in St. Cloud, Minn., after the 2014 model year. Currently, Suzuki supplies all engines for Arctic Cat’s snowmobiles. Suzuki will continue to supply the company with engine parts to service existing engines after the 2014 model year.

Commented Arctic Cat’s chairman and chief executive officer Christopher A. Twomey: “Suzuki has been an outstanding engine supply partner for more than 25 years and remains a significant shareholder in Arctic Cat. However, we are changing our engine strategy in order to gain more control over our products, and enhance our ability to meet regulatory and performance requirements. This also will enable us to better utilize our current engine manufacturing capacity, resulting in potentially better costs.”

Twomey added: “Our St. Cloud engine facility has been a great addition for the company since we began manufacturing our ATV engines there in 2007.”

The 56,000-square- foot plant is located on 15 acres and currently employs 41 people. At this time, the company plans to use existing plant capacity and personnel during the transition. Arctic Cat expects snowmobile engine production to begin in St. Cloud in fiscal 2015.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users